All Right Here?

Having recently moved from the UK to South East Asia, a lot of people have asked me: "So, what's it like, then?" This is my attempt to answer that question.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Diplomacy

Taiwan’s Foreign Minister Mark Chen caused uproar recently because he described Singapore thus:

“A tiny country the size of a piece of dried nasal mucus.”

Intrigued, I did some checks. Singapore experiences an annual rainfall of 2792mm. It’s also 693 square kilometres.

I can only conclude that Mr Chen has an unfeasibly large nose which produces very wet mucus.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fight! Fight! Fight!

    iyers

     
  • At 9:16 pm, Blogger Me said…

    Well, let's hope not. Taiwan's land mass is 35,980 sq km, so I think they'd have us.

     
  • At 6:06 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    genius!!x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home