All Right Here?

Having recently moved from the UK to South East Asia, a lot of people have asked me: "So, what's it like, then?" This is my attempt to answer that question.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

U Turn

Yesterday I suddenly seemed to be interested in politics.

I promise it won't happen again.

The BBC have this great "thing" on their site where they show all the front pages from the newspapers. Click here then click on Tuesday's Front Pages, then change the date to Wednesday 29th Sept 2004. Despite my assertion that the papers would be full of the protesters (which yesterday I managed to spell "protestors") who ruined Blair's speech, none of them even mention it on their front pages.

Indeed, many of them seem to be quite supportive of our Tony.

Oh well. I admit my mistake with good grace.

And, for a far more measured, less ranting, more intelligent view, check this.

Best headline of the day, of course, goes to The Sun - "It's Wayning Goals".

4 Comments:

  • At 7:30 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    Goodness me - I'm flattered, but have to confess that actually I was partly inspired to touch on the subject because of your posting yesterday (as well as because I was quite impressed by TB on the radio as I drove to work, and was reflecting on how I would vote if there was an election tomorrow).

    My MP is Ken Clarke as it happens. I don't think I'll ever vote for him, but in a way I'm quite pleased it's him... I saw him once at the test match at trent bridge, wearing a cream suit, panama hat, cigar in gob, glass of red in one hand, bottle in the other. How can you not admire that (as well as his refusal to toe the Tory party line on Europe, even at the expense of his own political ambitions)

    Blimey - what's happening to me? I'm becoming a political blogger. No giant insects in my house though....

     
  • At 11:44 pm, Blogger Me said…

    Yes, I think my problem yesterday was that I'd had a couple of glasses of wine, and Tony came on the telly, and I'd not seen any UK political news for 6 weeks, and what I usually when he comes on is shout slogans at the telly with whoever I live with. And we all usually agree. But it's not quite as simple as that on the net. Actually thought about erasing the entry, but that would've been fairly Stalinist of me, so I let it stand and hopefully I'll get enough photos of insects over the next couple of days to make the entry slip away into oblivion. Of course, if anyone actually agrees with my rather simplistic outlook, please post a comment to make me feel less stupid.

     
  • At 2:04 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    It wasn't simplistic - when I say "inspired" my post, I mean that in a good sense. It made me think. And I liked your comment about mentioning Ken Bigley and then segueing into gag (gag - not joke - gag). It was with your comments in mind, and with my own views on how the government has disappointed me recently that I listened to TB's interview on the radio this morning.

    Don't do yourself down. I come here to read what you think and that includes both politics and the insects that will rule the world after armageddon...

     
  • At 5:38 pm, Blogger Me said…

    Starting to agree with myself again. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home