All Right Here?

Having recently moved from the UK to South East Asia, a lot of people have asked me: "So, what's it like, then?" This is my attempt to answer that question.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Buildings And Other Inanimate Objects

Only one more category of Sri Lanka photos to go after this, then the interminable slide show will be over, and "normal service" will be resumed.

I've tried to break it up with some stories.

Just like your boring Uncle with his slides.

Still, it could be worse. I've been looking at some other "blogs" (if I must - horrible word) and the majority of them seem to be about the US Presidential election. This is ok in moderation. Even I've written about it. But what are these people going to do on November the 3rd?

On that subject, I saw some great telly this morning. It was a debate about the election. It was on the sports channel. The debaters were WWF wrestlers. Although, having just checked my facts, it appears the debate took place in September and they're WWE wrestlers.

Still, I found it profoundly entertaining, and look forward to the same thing happening in the UK, except with footballers. Beckham for Blair, Henry for Howard and... er... Chris Bart Williams for Kennedy. Or something.













Buildings And Stuff Posted by Hello

7 Comments:

  • At 10:48 pm, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    I do like your photographs. Most people take endless boring shots of hotel-bedroom-window-views and grinning idiots posing in front of well-known landmarks, but yours are just beautifully composed and really tell a story. Lovely!

    Also, the colours are gorgeous. Most of the photos I've taken and scanned/saved onto a PC have ended up looking way too dark. I am jealous.

     
  • At 5:24 pm, Blogger Me said…

    Why thank you very much.

    I think the fact that the sky was so blue and the sun was so bright helped bring out the colours. No such luck in Singapore, where it's always overcast or hazy.

    However, I did take lots of boring shots of hotel bedroom views and grinning idiots in front of landmarks too. I just didn't post many of them.

     
  • At 6:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey mike, how's it going?
    Been away from my computer for a while (long messy weekend!)
    I like the feature on here that shows you a map of where people are viewing your blog from - high concentrations in in denmark/northern germany & LA(?) by the looks of it?!
    Take it steady

    iyers

     
  • At 6:03 pm, Blogger Me said…

    Thanks, Iyers. I was wondering where they were all from. Geography not a strength...

     
  • At 3:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooooh, i love the blue and the green together. well done.

    mainja
    www.mainja.blogspot.com

     
  • At 3:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh yeah, and, why do you suppose the massage is for foreigners only?

    sorry about the multiple posts, apparently tonight i am feeling compelled to post two comments for every topic i'm commenting on. ;)

    mainja

     
  • At 4:22 pm, Blogger Me said…

    I have no idea why the massage is only for foreigners, or only for women. I should have asked...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home