All Right Here?

Having recently moved from the UK to South East Asia, a lot of people have asked me: "So, what's it like, then?" This is my attempt to answer that question.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

All Creatures

Unfortunately, I didn't get many exciting wildlife photos, largely because most things moved too quickly - particularly me when I saw creepy crawlies.

On one occasion, a couple of hours after I'd read the Lonely Planet section on fauna which told me to beware of scorpions relaxing in empty shoes, I put my hand into my trainers having forgotten the advice. I felt something creeping along my arm, suddenly remembered what I'd read and did my usual leap around the room, screaming, looking for a chair to stand on and so forth.

I just about caught sight of something flecked with red on my arm before shaking it off. I'm still not sure whether it was a baby gecko or a piece of elastic.

Sadly, no elephants, and rather too many cows.

Still, this has presented me with an opportunity to plug my mate Neil's (aka Quinby) hip-hop "crew", which I believe is the technical term. One of the bands is called All Creatures. They're on the Hairy Parents label, and generally make Lamb-handed hip-hop with Bristolian accents. Extremely entertaining.


Lizard in flip flop Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

  • At 6:13 am, Blogger Ella said…

    33 days to go.......Hello Mate...... I think the dates may have changed alreday I might be hitting Bristol 12th 13th, but again I'll let you know via text!
    Hello Mikey..... your photos are brilliant, I can't wait to steal your camera when I get there. Also Mikey, I'm a little concerned about spiders etc myself, so do you think we'll spend the majority of our time in Singapore escaping creatures and standing on chairs? x

     
  • At 8:23 pm, Blogger Me said…

    Er... not sure what would be more scary...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home