All Right Here?

Having recently moved from the UK to South East Asia, a lot of people have asked me: "So, what's it like, then?" This is my attempt to answer that question.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Pacers

Remember pacers? Green and white chewy sweets from the 70s and 80s. I mention them only because the following photos are of green and white things.

I was eating pacers in 1981 whilst sat in the car listening to the radio as Spurs won the FA Cup final. As a result of Spurs winning the game, I ended up supporting them, and a lifetime of pretty much unbroken football mediocrity has ensued.

I don't know why I remember that I was eating pacers. I really liked them although they are now synonymous with failure.

Anyway, the green photos are from the interior of a cathedral here in Singers which Ella and I chanced on at the weekend and the white one is of the exterior of the Raffles Hotel.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:43 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    I feel terrible. Glenn Hoddle has just been appointed our manager. I feel like I should go into mourning.

     
  • At 10:17 pm, Blogger Stefanio said…

    pacers - coor now they were a sweet i hadn't thought of in a while! Yep that was the time I started support the spurs too, think it must of been that man city fa cup game!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home