All Right Here?

Having recently moved from the UK to South East Asia, a lot of people have asked me: "So, what's it like, then?" This is my attempt to answer that question.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

In Threes

Good things, so they say, come in threes. As well as being the "magic number", a list of three is a powerful rhetorical device (not as in "education, education, education" but as in "Maggie, Maggie, Maggie, Out, Out, Out!"). There are a number of other ways in which three is a great number, but I'm too tired to think of any.

But I did get three treats yesterday.

1) After 2 months of having a DVD player and no DVDs, someone lent me the first series of "The League Of Gentlemen", and I've been thoroughly enjoying watching the sordid local exploits of Edward and Tubbs, the ruthless totalitarian regime of Pauline the Job Start officer and the gruesome sight of toads being accidentally fried on electric heaters.

2) After 2 months of not being able to find tomato puree except in a tin, I complained about this at work, and the next day one of my colleagues had bought me a tube. I've since made a delicious tuna bake, a delightful pasta dish and a tasty bolognese.

3) After linking the Hairy Parents record label the other day, a kind, generous, anonymous benefactor has sent me a Hairy Parents t-shirt.

Life is sweet, people are generous and I'm very content.

Bye Bye





Bye

2 Comments:

  • At 2:44 am, Blogger thomkat said…

    LOVE League of Gentlemen, watched entire first series in one afternoon - just couldn't stop - followed swiftly by the entire second series a day or two later. Haven't watched much of the third yet, maybe that would make my life complete. As you said, good things come in threes.

     
  • At 4:21 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    you are both in for a real treat - series 3 is the best of the lot (except for maybe the first Papa Lazarou episode in series 2)...

    Mike - have you seen any "little Britain"? Sort of a cross between the LoG and the Fast Show...

    I'm also extremely jealous of your anonymous benefactor. I'm going to start plugging things like Pepsi and see what happens ("Yes, and it's the choice of a new generation....")

    ST

     

Post a Comment

<< Home