All Right Here?

Having recently moved from the UK to South East Asia, a lot of people have asked me: "So, what's it like, then?" This is my attempt to answer that question.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

My Left Knee

As many of you know, I've been moaning about my knee injury for 18 months now. I did it playing football, went to physio, it got better, then it went again. Despite many examinations, no one was able to say conclusively what damage I'd done. I needed an MRI scan.

After being on the waiting list for an MRI scan for over a year, I finally had one in August, just before I left the UK.

I then waited another 3 months for the results.

Many thanks to my brother for chasing the doctor up on numerous occasions since I've been away. He finally emailed me today.

The scan is, of course, inconclusive.

Brilliant.

It might be a torn anterior cruciate ligament. When I first injured myself, back in April 2003, I went to the local hospital the next day, and the doctor who examined me told me that it might be a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Apparently, someone needs to examine my knee to check for signs of ligament damage.

So far, six different people have examined my knee to check for signs of ligament damage.

I think there may be a small communication problem in the NHS.

I wait, with great anticipation, for the seventh pair of hands to twist and pull my knee about until it really hurts.

I just want to play football again.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:48 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    That's terrible news! Mikes just gone overseas and then they sort out the NHS ... typical!

    I have however quite enjoyed discussing things with Mikes Doctors Secretary ... I shall miss her!

     
  • At 12:49 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Perhaps Mike, you should give up on football and take up tennis?!....

     
  • At 7:01 am, Blogger Me said…

    Grrrrrrr!

     
  • At 7:13 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    So you could say it's a case of "One Knee good, one knee bad" ?

    ba-dum tch!

     
  • At 7:22 pm, Blogger Me said…

    Very good - although my left leg has always been bad when I play football as I only use it for standing on.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home