All Right Here?

Having recently moved from the UK to South East Asia, a lot of people have asked me: "So, what's it like, then?" This is my attempt to answer that question.

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Can You Tell What It Is Yet?

I went out today to do a bit of sightseeing and took my new "digi-cam" with me. Sadly, as you can see, it doesn't seem to take very good photos. The captions took me ages, though.

I did see a couple of things that would've made great photos. A guy on a BMX was doing "grinds" on a wall - you know, wheely-ing onto the wall and sliding along it. He was right by a "No skateboarding or bmx" sign.

By the time I'd got my camera out he was down the street and out of range, only just avoiding two men carrying a large pane of glass across the road.

The other one was a sign saying "No eating alone - fine $5000000". It took me a couple of seconds to realise that it wasn't real, but was actually an advert for a "Lunch Speed Dating" company, and a parody of some of the signs that really exist here like "No dorian on the train - fine $500".

By the time I'd got my camera out, I was at the bottom of the escalator, and the sign was still somewhere near the top.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the photos. Feel free to suggest new captions.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:16 pm, Blogger The Num Num said…

    birdy num num, num num!

    Thanks for the posting, your pics look rather good, but can't figure out why you are out in asia!

     
  • At 8:35 pm, Blogger Me said…

    Yes, was trying to be enigmatic. Oh well. I'm teaching.

     
  • At 3:26 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Put your hands in the air and step away from the camera!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home