All Right Here?

Having recently moved from the UK to South East Asia, a lot of people have asked me: "So, what's it like, then?" This is my attempt to answer that question.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Funny Story

Inundated with visitors at the moment. First of all, Merle and Si were here briefly and now my parents have arrived.

Merle and Si are on their way around the world and had four days or so in Singapore. They were superb guests: no trouble at all. They even popped in on Ella at college, where they were complimented on how young they look by someone on Ella's course. I wasn't there myself, but apparently, this colleague of Ella's really laboured the point that Merle and Si did, in fact, look extremely young. Merle and Si were flattered, of course, even though this person didn't know how old they were.

It was only after a few minutes of her asking Merle and Si questions about me that they realised: she thought Merle and Si were my parents.

Merle is, in fact, a year or so younger than me.

Slightly less flattering.

I can only imagine the painful shuffling and cringing smiles that followed the moment of realisation. I kind of wish I'd been there, but I'm also kind of glad I wasn't.

Merle and Si:



Mum and Dad:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:54 pm, Blogger Jonny said…

    Is that DJ Merle? As in Charlotte and ....

    And is that Bill Oddie with your Ma?

    ;-)

     
  • At 5:16 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    priceless!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home